Remember just a couple days ago when I was talking about that 28-mile hike that my girlfriend and I are going on in October? Well, we're officially doing a giveaway to raise more money so we can reach our goal of $5,000 in support of the Make-A-Wish Foundation. This gift basket is worth nearly $300 in gift cards, goodies and homemade items, and all you have to do is donate $10 to be in the running to win.
What's included in the gift basket?
- $30 Netflix gift card (pays for a subscription)
- $25 BP gas card
- $25 Visa gift card (cash, basically)
- $20 Starbucks gift card
- Starbucks cup - clear with Starbucks logo, lid, reusable straw
- YETI cup - 20 oz black rambler
- Roku Express
- Blackweb Bluetooth portable speaker
- Mainstays plush blanket - gray, twin XL
- Crocheted coffee cozy with strap to fit around mugs with handles (fits around the Starbucks and Yeti cups)
- Crocheted toboggan
- Crocheted plant in a clay pot
- 500-piece Color-A-Puzzle
- Two adult coloring books
- Crayola 24 pack of colored pencils (for the coloring books lol)
- Two brain teaser games with a combined 200 puzzles to solve
- Movie theater style candy - Swedish Fish, M&Ms, Reese's Pieces, Sour Patch Kids
- The basket itself! Flexible storage bin
Yeah but if I don't win all that stuff, then what?
The more people donate, the more we can contribute to other (smaller) gift baskets! If this turns out to be a success, we will do more than one drawing and therefore have multiple winners. One other big prize that I can for sure guarantee is that I will crochet anything you want no matter the cost. So if you donate $10 and win, then I could crochet you something like a blanket that's a $200 value.
So how do I increase my chances of winning??
We're doing it Hunger Games style.
Remember how the lottery worked in The Hunger Games? That's kind of how this drawing works, except it's a GOOD thing if you win. For EVERY $10 you donate, your name gets put in the jar. So if you donate $100, then you have 10 slips of paper with your name on them. I'm not the best at math, but having 10 chances of winning something is better than having 1. (And if you've already donated, then your name is already in this jar!)